ATHLETIC TRAINING STAFF
- Head Athletic Trainer Clay Wilson, ATC
- Assistant Athletic Trainer Lisa Erickson, ATC
- Assistant Athletic Trainer Corey Wright, ATC
- Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer Scott Ross, ATC
- Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer Aaron Ellis, ATC
- Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer Kassi Boedeker, ATC
The mission of the Adams State College athletic training staff is to provide a quality, well-rounded, encompassing health-care service targeted to the Grizzly student-athlete.
The Adams State College Athletic Training Room provides a place for the student-athlete to receive health, fitness, psychological, emotional and sport advice and health-care. The staff will provide pre-injury advice, strengthening and prehabilitation to the ASC student-athlete. The staff will also provide evaluation and rehabilitation of injuries that occur due to participation with a sports team at Adams State College. When necessary the staff will determine and make arrangements for the student-athlete to see one of the team physicians or other specialist.
ATHLETIC TRAINING RULES
1. No participation in any conditioning, workout, practice or games without all proper paperwork turned into the athletic training room, properly filled out and cleared by a staff athletic trainer. If the paperwork is not complete, the athlete will be listed as ineligible to the Eligibility/Compliance officer.
2. Communicate. If you are sick or injured you must report to the athletic training staff in a timely manner. Do not report an injury that happened 2 days ago, 5 minutes before practice.
3. The athletic training staff will decide and/or refer you to a doctor. You have input as well, however all appointments must be known by the athletic training staff prior to the appointment.
4. You will treat all ASC Athletic Training Staff with respect, as their job is to help you and return you to your sport as safely and healthy as possible.
5. Be on time for treatment and/or taping. Remember, there are a lot of other athletes using this athletic training room.
6. SHOWER!!! Before post-practice treatments or getting into the whirlpools or cold plunge. You will not be allowed to do treatments or use the whirlpools/cold plunge without fully showering and using soap. Just rinsing your legs off does not count.
7. Bring in your own towel if you are using the cold plunge.
8. You must sign into the treatment log. This will have an affect on any medical hardships
9. Do not wear cleats/spikes into the training room at all. No shoes on the treatment tables.
10. No towels from the athletic training room will be taken outside of the athletic training room.
11. Dress appropriately when entering the athletic training room; doing treatments, having an injury evaluated… The athletic training room is co-ed at all times, be respectful to others and yourself.
12. Pick up after yourself. Put it back if you got it out.
13. No chew. No food or drink in the training room.
14. Do not use flaked ice for anything but ice bags.
15. No loitering – the athletic training room is busy enough, do not just hang out.
16. Keep noise level down, no profanity or horseplay.
17. Headphones must be used when listening to personal music systems.
18. No athlete is permitted to operate athletic training room equipment on their own, do not self-treat.
WHIRPOOL & COLD PLUNGE RULES
ALL-STUDENT ATHLETES ARE REQUIRED!!!
1. ALL ATHLETES MUST SHOWER BEFORE USING THE WHIRLPOOL OR COLD PLUNGE.
IF YOU DO NOT YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE AND YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE IT AGAIN!
2. NO OPEN WOUNDS ARE ALLOWED IN THE WHIRLPOOL OR COLD PLUNGE!!
3. BRING YOUR OWN TOWEL TO DRY IF YOU ARE GETTING IN THE COLD PLUNGE.
4. NO HORSEPLAY.
5. NO CELL PHONE USAGE WHILE IN THE COLD PLUNGE OR WHIRLPOOL.
6. TURN WHIRLPOOL OFF IF YOU ARE THE LAST ONE OUT.
7. DO NOT USE HOT PACKS WHILE IN THE COLD PLUNGE OR WHIRLPOOLS.
8. THE COLD PLUNGE OR WHIRLPOOL TEMPATURE DOES NOT NEED TO BE BELOW 50 DEGREES.